WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Review: Little Dead Red

Little Dead Red Little Dead Red by Mercedes M. Yardley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: LITTLE DEAD RED by Mercedes M. Yardley

Oh my. SO not for the faint of heart. For the rest of us, first of all, this novella's prose reads like poetry. I would have finished so much faster if I hadn't so frequently stopped to savor images and metaphors. Second, this story is going to rip your heart out--again and again and again--and then, just when you think you can handle it: the eviscerating denouement. I never saw it coming. Couldn't possibly have expected it. Wish it hadn't been as it was. But dear me, what a powerful, potent noir is LITTLE DEAD RED.

3 Goodreads reviewers I respect recommended this title.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment