WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Review: Children To The Slaughter

Children To The Slaughter Children To The Slaughter by A.I. Nasser
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: CHILDREN TO THE SLAUGHTER by A. I. Nasser [Slaughter Series Book 1]

This is the first story I've read from A. I. Nasser, and I'm quite impressed. The story is very twisty, tautly plotted, and as the contemporary situation of the town (and a horrible situation it is) is securely founded in history (1826), the historical record is cleverly interwoven. I alternated between "oh no!!!" And "I can't believe these people would stoop to---" which made this story an absorbing one-session read for me. I'm off to read the next in the series.

Caution: Although the story relies on character, an unexpected plot, and subtle horror--there are some instances of outright violence, a few graphic descriptions, and a whole lot of grief and sorrow [plus several characters I wanted to shake senseless). Also, it does focus on the disappearance of multiple children (although not in detail). Just a gentle caution.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment