WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Review: Cold Sanctuary

Cold Sanctuary Cold Sanctuary by Anthony M. Strong
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review of COLD SANCTUARY by Anthony M. Strong
(John Decker #2)

Wow!! I loved the first book in this series, WHAT VENGENANCE COMES, but I love this one even more! Might be because this is set in Alaska, not Louisiana, and focuses on biohazards and genetic engineering instead of curses and Loup Garou, but it was a very rapid one-sitting, nonstop reading experience with lots of excitement, adventure, and suspense. Mr. Strong has a talented way with a tale, and while allowing the local populace and perhaps some of his readers to suspect a possible mythological creature come to life, instead he points us in the direction of Dr. Frankenstein, reenacted as it were. I'm not sure I want to fall asleep after reading COLD SANCTUARY, but I'm very glad I read it. My imagination has been totally ignited.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment