WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Review: Blood Of the Tainted

Blood Of the Tainted Blood Of the Tainted by Alex Laybourne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: BLOOD OF THE TAINTED by Alex Laybourne

An engrossing vampire tale, BLOOD OF THE TAINTED at times reminded me of the work of Graham Masterton, both in the specifity of gore and in the imaginative and creative nature of its gory fatalities. Mr. Laybourne allowed me to easily suspend both my disbelief and to enjoy a horror subgenre I don't usually choose.

When an ancient vampire selects a small community for his depredations and havoc, multiple fatalities ensue. At times, the psychological manipulation is as scary as the actual killings, for this entity knows well how to read minds, erase memories, and manipulate humans, turning them against each other. The terror seems unstoppable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment