WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, April 9, 2017

SPRING INTO HORROR READATHON--April 17-30

Forge ahead into Spring with a full-out Horror binge. A creation of SEASONS OF READING. Sign up here: http://seasonsreading.blogspot.com/2017/04/signup-for-spring-into-horror-readathon.html

SPRING INTO HORROR READATHON begins today. As this is my lifetime favourite genre, reading Horror is not a problem. (smile) I'll be continuing my "every-evening-Laymon-reading" which I commmenced about three weeks ago. I am working my way through the oeuvre of late horror meister Richard Laymon, literally every evening. I read review titles days, Laymon at night.

I want to recommend an anthology I can't include in this Readathon, since I read it April 14-16.
It's NORTHERN FRIGHTS: AN ANTHOLOGY OF THE HORROR WRITERS OF MAINE, a truly outstanding collection of spine-tingling, hair-raising, horror set in Maine, by Maine authors.releassed April 11, 2017. See my review here. http://thehauntedreadingroom.blogspot.com/2017/04/review-northern-frights-anthology-by.html

Day 1, April 17:

Read: OCTOBER RUNS RED by Scott Donnelly

Reading:

666 CHARING CROSS ROAD by Paul Magrs (print)

MONSTERS IN OUR WAKE by J.H. Moncrief

NIGHT IN THE LONESOME OCTOBER by Richard Laymon

Day 2, April 18:

Read: NIGHT IN THE LONESOME OCTOBER by Richard Laymon

Day 3, April 19: Read: 666 CHARING CROSS ROAD by Paul Magrs

Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

Resurrection Dreams by Richard Laymon

Day 4, April 20: my youngest grandson turned 2, his younger sibling will be born any day now, and that will be 8 grandchildren here. Read: RESURRECTION DREAMS by Richard Laymon

Reading: THE INVERTED PYRAMID by A. C. Fuller, ARC to be released April 26

Day 5, April 21:

Read: THE INVERTED PYRAMID BY A. C. Fuller, release date April 23

Reading: THE RITES OF AZATHOTH by Frank Cavallo, an exceptional Lovecraftian Mythos horror/mystery/thriller I absolutely love! Already released, but I received a review copy through Netalley just today.

Day 6, April 22 (Earth Day):

Read: THE RITES OF AZATHOTH by Frank Cavallo

Day 7, April 23: Read: ARC, ANIMAL GRAPH by M. Black (ANIMAL GRAPH Series #1)

Reading: ARC, THE THIRD TWIN by Darren Speegle

THE WEIRD COMPANY by Pete Rawlins (1936 Antarctica, Lovecraftian)

Day 8, April 24:

Read: THE THIRD TWIN by Darren Speegle (ARC, release date April 28)

THE WEIRD COMPANY by Pete Rawlik (Lovecraft Mythos)

Reading: DEVIL'S ISLAND by Mark Lukens (horror, haunting)

Day 9, April 25:

Read: TINY TROPHIES by Adam Hughes (horror short story)

DEVIL'S ISLAND by Mark Lukens

Day 10, April 26:DROWNI

Read: FEAST by Thomas S. Flowers

THE NOTE by Andrew Barrett

Day 11, April 27:

HEALING by Josephine Green (review) MEDIUMSHIP by Tabitha Zalot (review)

Day 12 and 13, Apil 28 and 29:

quite a 2-day period: my 10th grandchild (6th grandson was born on April 28, my oldest grandson turned 14 on April 29)

3 in 1 Thriller Boxset by Kristoff Chimes, including

ROGUE ANGEL

WEB OF ANGELS

DROWNING IN RAINBOWS

April 29: read: THE IMMORTAL BODY by William Holloway (Lovecraftian)

April 30: read:

ISTVIK by Hammond Innes

CRY, LITTLE SISTER by Nick Younker (short story)<[> REANIMATOR by Pete Rawlik

Total: 21 novels and collections, 2 short story

3 comments:

  1. You, my friend, are rocking this readathon! Wow! I hope you're enjoying it. Good luck on week two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting tons of reading done! I'm impressed. Go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm running behind on wrap-up visits, but here I am and I wanted to thank you again for participating. I'm working on the giveaway now so keep an eye on your email inbox (and spam folder, just in case).

    As always, I'm truly impressed at how much you manage to read. You must be a speed reader. Please share your secret. lol I hope you enjoyed the two weeks. See you next time!

    ReplyDelete