WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Review: Lovecraft Country

Lovecraft Country Lovecraft Country by Matt Ruff
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review of LOVECRAFT COUNTRY by Matt Ruff

I adore this novel from start to finish. Not one aspect would I alter. Seamlessly interwoven multiple themes and levels of meaning provide hours of thoughtful impact, and the novel will not be forgotten. I recommend it to every individual capable of serious thought. {I only wish those who could most benefit from serious reflection would read and comprehend.}

LOVECRAFT COUNTRY is a wild geographic, philosophical, astronomical, and metaphysical roller coaster experience. Yes, all of that, plus a historical journey, a vivid illustration of America's mid-20th century ingrained racism {horrifyingly eye-opening and grossly disturbing}, a serious and revealing character study, an examination of "natural philosophy" {yes, sorcery}, a study of Lovecraft, and a cautionary tale of the inevitable dangers of hubris and elitism. The novel defies encapsulation, and I consider myself privileged to have read {and to own} it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment