WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Review: Psychomanteum

Psychomanteum Psychomanteum by Joseph Iorillo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: PSYCHOMANTEUM by Joseph Iorillo

I discovered this author through his debut novel, THIS HOUSE IS EMPTY NOW, and set out on a personal mission to read all he writes. PSYCHOMANTEUM is equally stunning. Based on the Greek concept of using a mirror to communicate with loved ones (similar but not identical to black mirror scrying), this novel is a story of two characters on parallel lines who occasionally converge, but not necessarily by design. Melissa Chambliss is a 23-year-old Starbucks barista who lost her father at a young age and seeks methods to communicate with him, including the Ouija and psychomanteum. Psychologist and addiction counselor Ben Ridgeway wishes he could contact his long missing sister. The universe puts them on a collision course, then makes both evolve. (This is a Joseph Iorillo novel, after all--there will be character evolution. {Smile}). It's not always pretty, but it is always twisty, and this novel kept me guessing right on through to the end.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to read my novels! I love your website.

    ReplyDelete